Below you will find some important topics within the domain of online content:
Discover how to develop a strong content strategy that forms the basis for your digital success. Learn how to understand your audience, create valuable content, and tailor it to the needs and interests of your users.
- The tower of SEO success: Pillar Pages
- Webpages require strong headings
- Structured Content
- The outside of a web page
Content creation and optimization
Learn how to produce compelling and impactful digital content, such as compelling copy, compelling images and meaningful videos. Discover the secrets behind effective content optimization, including Search Engine optimzation (SEO), conversion optimization (CRO), and usability .
- CMS, Content Platform, or DXP?
- Content Platforms introduction
- Portrait and landscape images on social media
- Shoot your images portrait AND landscape
- Using markdown for blogging
- Squarespace vs. WordPress
- WordPress vs. Ghost: A comparison for bloggers
- The difference between raster and vector graphics
- For images on the web stick with JPG and PNG. For now.
- Building a blog audience (2022)
- Unlocking Digital Asset Management's versatility
- Squoosh your images
- Structured Content
Distribution of content
Explore different channels and strategies for effectively distributing your digital content. Discover how you can use social media, email marketing and collaborations with influencers to achieve greater reach and engagement with your target audience.
- Plagiat or copyright infringement
- Get copyright for web content
- The secrets behind the QR Code
- Content Activation
User Experience and Design
Develop an understanding of the power of excellent user experience (UX) and thoughtful design. Learn how to shape your digital content to provide an intuitive and engaging experience for your users to engage them and keep them coming back to your platform.
- The miracle of your screen
- Site Search explained
- Twitter Lite: Exploring Progressive Web Apps
- Aspect ratio and orientation
- Playing in the interactive sandbox
- Pixels per Inch (PPI). Measured as a line or a square?
- Typeface: to serif or not to serif
- Monospaced fonts: From Typewriter to the Matrix
- Typography insights
- An explanation and demo of App Clips
Productivity, privacy and security
This blog is for the online professional and so I also write about productivity and security for online workflows. There is focus on devices like Mac, iPhone and Kobo. And software in these ecosystems.
- Using 2FA with Apple Keychain
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Passkeys are set to replace passwords
- Blog writing with the tool Ulysses
- Understanding regular and online calendar invitations
- Digital calendars compared and explained
- iPhone Live Text
One of my main productivity devices is the Kobo e-reader and so I wrote a number of articles on it:
- Fix Kobo Clara crashes and freezes
- Share Kobo e-books with your family
- Export Kobo highlights and notes to your Mac
All photo's on this blog I capture myself with the iPhone 12 mini. I hope you like them, I wrote a couple of articles on it to deepen my knowledge and sharing it. Handy is of course I now have my own stock of copyrighted photo's:
- Taking photos with the iPhone 12 Mini
- Catching the magic of magenta with your iPhone
- Decoding HEIC: Unraveling Apple's High Efficiency Image Format
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) in photo's
Words and their origins
A personal interest is explaining words from history. Say the etymology of the vernacular you encounter as an online professional.
- Etymology and meaning of "Data"
- Meaning and origin of the word "benchmark"
- Where does the word dashboard come from?
Explore the articles
Below you will find a list of articles that fall within the category 'online content'. Click on the titles to read the full articles:
- What is SVG and what is it used for?
- From blog to book, publishing in the digital age
- WebP versus JPG as web image format
- Blue LED changed the world
- Four ways to build your website or blog (2023)
- WebP and AVIF, the challengers of JPG
- The crucial role of technical writing in composable platforms
These articles provide valuable insights, best practices and inspiration to help you create effective online content and achieve your digital goals.
Below you will find my most recent articles about content. Click here for an overview of all articles .